16 finalists will be chosen from the pool of entrants, with each channel allocated a certain number of winners. Each channel winner becomes a finalist, allowing them and their partner to attend our Hospitality Event at the eLan Gold Cup on Saturday 27 July 2019. These finalists are randomly allocated a horse in the eLan Gold Cup race, the day’s headliner. Prizes are awarded to finalists whose horse “places” in the top three.
First prize – A brand new Haval H1 1.5 VVT SUV, valued at R200 000.
Second prize – Own the Spirit of eLan catamaran for a day. One day’s exclusive use of the Spirit of eLan power catamaran for the winning couple and 18 friends.
Third prize – A one night’s stay for two at the Riverside Hotel, Durban. Includes bed and breakfast.
Terms and Conditions.
The promoter is eLan Property Group Pty Ltd and its subsidiaries or any company affiliated to such entities. The Registered Office is at Simbithi Office Park, Simbithi Country Club, Sagila Lane, Simbithi Eco Estate, Ballito, South Africa.
- Employees of eLan Property Group, Blythedale Coastal Estate Developments Pty Ltd and its subsidiaries or any company affiliated to such entities and members of the Dube Community, or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- The completion of the entry form on the eLan Property Group website,
- The route to entry for the competition is via various channels.
- Entrants can be directed to the entry form via email campaigns and social media platforms agreed to at the sole discretion of eLan Property Group.
- Attend the Festival of Racing featuring the eLan Gold Cup event at Greyville Racecourse dressed to the theme of black and white with a touch of gold on Saturday 27 July 2019 and complete the entry form and place it in the competition barrel for the final chance to enter.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person.
- 15 finalists will be randomly selected from the online entries, corresponding to the channel they entered through. These finalists will be drawn by Monday 22 July and announced on the Gold Cup Festival of Racing and Promoter’s social media feeds.
- All finalists will be invited to enjoy the day at the eLan Gold Cup. All finalists are responsible for their own travel arrangements to the venue. If required, flights and accommodation will be for finalists’ own accounts.
- The sixteenth finalist will be drawn on the race day.
- Closing time for entries will be at 14:00 on 27 July 2019. After 14:00 no further entries will be taken.
- The sixteenth finalist will be announced and contacted telephonically after the 5th race. If your name is called on the day, you will only have 5 minutes to join the other finalists before a redraw is done.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and prize winning are as follows:
Each of the 16 finalists, invited to the eLan Gold Cup at Greyville Racecourse on 27 July 2019 will randomly draw a number. The number chosen will give the finalists their respective horses that will run during the main eLan Gold Cup horse race meeting that will take place on the same day. In the case of a finalist’s horse being scratched, they will have a secondary horse for the race. Entrants will need to abide by Gold Circle rules and regulations. The finalist whose horse wins the race wins the first prize, which, as stated, is a Haval H1. The finalist whose horse places second wins the second prize, which is, as stated, the usage of the Spirit of eLan catamaran for a day for 20 people. The finalist whose horse places third wins the third prize, which is, as stated, a one-night stay for two people at the Riverside Hotel. In the case of a dead heat/draw, the finalists involved will go into a sudden death race and will redraw 6 horses and the highest place horse will be the winner. This will continue until a finalist’s horse wins outright or places higher than their opponent’s horses.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition before the end of the competition period and these terms and conditions in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. The ‘Win a Brand-New Car with the eLan Gold Cup’ prize includes a Haval H1 SUV, valued at R200 000. This was the estimated value at the time of writing. Any changes to the value will not be transferable to cash. The car is to be awarded and transferred by Haval Umhlanga, a subsidiary of Great Wall Motors. The vehicle may not be swapped or sold prior to transfer and full ownership into the winner’s name. Transfer and related costs are not included in the prize.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by South African law.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current South African data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent. By entering the competition, entrants agree to receive future emails, or any related correspondence from eLan Property Group, or Blythedale Coastal Estate.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to eLan Property Group and not to any other party.
- The Auditors of this competition is as per the registered audits for eLan Property Group Pty Ltd. We reserve the right to alter or change the T&C’s.
- A finalist can appoint a proxy in the event that they are unable to attend the eLan Gold Cup on Saturday 27 July 2019. In the case of a no-show, the finalist’s chance of winning will be forfeited. The Proxy form is obtainable from our website and will need to be presented by the Proxy holder by no later than 2 pm at the eLan Desk in the Champions Room at Greyville Race Course on 27 July 2019, or before to email@example.com.
- Every effort will be made to contact finalists drawn from online entries. If the finalists do not respond to social media messages and telephone calls by Wednesday 24 July 2019 at 12:00, an alternative finalist will be drawn and the original finalist will forfeit their chance to win.